Friday, July 2, 2010

Dearest Dairy


Brown Family Dairy from UM Media Documentary Projects on Vimeo.

Billy Ray is effing rad!  My dream is to move to the country, to have some cows and chickens, maybe ducks, kitties galore, horses to ride, a giant garden, and fruit trees everywhere.  And, of COURSE, giant oaks.

Things I love from this video:

Billy Ray talks not being officially "organic."  People are always asking about this, he says, but he really just wants them to come to the farm and see for themselves how their milk is produced.  I know that's just not doable for everyone, but how awesome is that?  I want to make that happen.  I want to know the people who make my food... and the animals.

The girls: "I like the milk!"  "I love [helping to bottle the milk]! That's even better!"

The one dude talking about "the lack of antibiotics goosed up in those cows"!  Goosed up!


I'm definitely going to have to read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment