Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Feeling Spring

The air is a lovely translucent yellow today; scented daffodils, citrus blossoms, and lemon ginger muffins float on the breezes blowing in my back door.














Not a great picture, I know, but they are so cheery!

The muffins that were sending out that heavenly smell came out perfectly.  I've only tried them piping hot so far, but the crumb was so tender.  I used this recipe from Heart of Light.  Subscribing to Sgt. Baker's Grand Cornucopia Theory of Baking, I chopped up and tossed in a pear I had in the icebox (so sweet and so cold).

And, as the muffins used up the rest of my eggs, I started some pea seeds in the empty carton.

I did two to a cup and will thin one if both come up.














Buddy helped . . .
















I should now, however, get to work on studying for a test I already passed but, sadly, too long ago for anyone to care.  Luckily, studying includes reading about literary movements, grammar, and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment