Friday, January 7, 2011

New Background Trees for the New Year!

Happy New Year! The first week of 2011 is drawing to a close, as is my period of applying to credential programs.  Fingers and toes and eyes and whiskers and legs and hair all crossed!

I went back to volunteering yesterday, more firmly resolved to stand my ground, but tested to the utmost by the faces and jokes and all-around awesomeness of my kiddies.  The progress of their social development is so much fun to watch.  There's even more teasing of the opposite sex going on this semester.  The students call names, pull faces - all while grinning wildly at the attention they're generating from that girl across the room or the boy sitting in the back row, their brains audibly whirring as they take in each minute change in expression and tone, process, and respond in a nearly unending cycle, like crazy hormonal whirlygigs.

I'm going back and forth on whether to make resolutions.  I have plans, certainly:  to get married, to enter a credential program, to get back into shape for the wedding and continue on the healthy-lifestyle track.  And I thoroughly expect this will be a fabulous year - better and better and better.  Everything's coming up Milhouse! It's all happening!  Other good movie quotes about good things!!!!!  But I'd rather not decide now that, for instance, taking more pictures, spending more time at the beach, crafting a budget, crafting period, will be what makes the year good.  Because I make lists like that for myself all year long anyway.  I think I just want to take it as it comes and make the year and my life fun and good and honest and worthwhile. 

So, here's to a fabulous year, however it may manifest itself.



















That's me being taught to do some sort of Jazz kick move by a fabulous teacher (and my soon to be cousin-in-law).

No comments:

Post a Comment